Inspiration




Inspiration is everywhere! And inspiration can be anything. It can be a beautiful object, a favorite song, a good book, an interesting poem, time of the day, a pleasant scent, a movie, a conversation with a good friend... anything. Even a pair of tennis shoes.

Since I began to crochet, I have been inspired mostly by other people's beautiful work. But, the other day, we received the tennis shoes we had ordered online a few days earlier, for our son. When I opened the box, the first thing that came to my mind was: "Why sneakers like these did not exist when I was a kid?"



My second thought was that I'm pleased that my boy likes colors. He chose those snickers. And He's thirteen. A very tricky period. Especially for the parents.



As you can see, I was inspired by those beautiful colors, and was lucky to find the exact shade of blue (maybe more turquoise) and red in my yarn stock.
The pattern for this triangle I found in the book: "Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 circles, hexagons, triangles, squares, and other unexpected shapes" by Edie Eckman



This is my first doily ever! To be honest, when I started my exciting crochet adventure, I didn't think that I would ever make any doily. But, I have to say, that I really enjoyed making it. It was somehow soothing, like a pleasant meditation. Building something slowly, row by row... I liked it.
The pattern for the small motif is also from the book "Beyond the square Crochet Motifs"



For the doily, I used 100% cotton yarn 125m/50g ("Tango" from St. George). I didn't use thin thread for doilies. Pattern for the doily you can find on one of the most beautiful crochet blogs I've ever seen, Anabelia craft design. I'm so impressed with beautiful crochet, free tutorials & patterns and exceptional photography on that blog. It is definitely one of my favorite places on the Internet. The pattern can be found here.

Labels: