Japanese Flower Crochet Cushion




Do you remember my post about Japanese crochet flowers from the last month? Well, I finally made a cushion with those flowery granny squares. I really don't know why it took me so long to make it... but now, I'm quite happy with how it turned out!



This is how the back side looks like. I like to add fabric to the back of cushions, because it's faster than crocheting, it's easy to add a zipper to the fabric, and the fabric doesn't allow the cushion to stretch.



Of course, when I like particular pattern, I can't stop with one item. I make two. Or three. Or four... this time I stopped at two cushions.



And this is the back side of the cushion number two.



On both cushions I added one on my favorite edges, the Pom Pom edge. The free pattern can be found here.



These cute drinking jars I found when I was on vacation in Greece this year. I fell in love with them! They look so summery, dressed in shiny, transparent colors.



I found the pattern for the Japanese flower square in this cute Japanese crochet book. I changed the pattern a little (as I usually do). Instead of three rows around the flowers, I made only one.



Have a nice and colorful weekend! :)

Labels: ,